To Declare or Change a Major (i.e. Curriculum Change)
or Catalog Year:
- Student will contact the desired department (Department Contacts)
- Student will meet with faculty member to discuss and understand major requirements and options and catalog year.
- Faculty will complete the Curriculum Change Request (CCR) form
- Student will approve the CCR
Students who have officially committed to a major tend to persist in college and graduate. However, students should avoid choosing a major without knowing if it is a proper “fit” for oneself or without understanding the related employment opportunities and job characteristics.
Students should declare their major after spending a proper amount of time gathering information about themselves, evaluating the range of majors available at ISU and the academic requirements of each, and understanding the career opportunities related to their major.
Career counseling from the professional counselors in the ISU Career Center or the Center For New Directions will benefit any student, particularly those who have not yet investigated their options.
Curriculum Change Request (CCR) Instructions
- Log in to BengalWeb and click on the Academics tab.
- In Faculty Tools or Advisor Tools channel, click on Faculty and Advisors Menu.
- Click on Curriculum Change Request in the Faculty or Advisor column.
- Enter student’s Spriden/Banner ID and Submit Request. (Leave CCR # Blank)
(Note: The Spriden/Banner ID is NOT a student’s ISU/Bengal Card ID. You can find this nine digit Banner ID in DegreeWorks. Or students can locate it in the Academic Tools tab by clicking on the Advisor and General Student Information link in the Student Records channel. It is next to their name, upper right.)
- The student’s current curriculum is listed at the top of the form. Enter the NEW curriculum in the bottom half, filling in the appropriate fields. Degree, Catalog (year), and Effective Term are required for every CCR.
- Select either the Change Current Curriculum OR Add Additional Curriculum box.
- The student’s current Advisor is listed. Check the box under the Delete Advisor heading to remove that advisor. Check the box under the Update Advisor heading to update the advisor information.
- If adding a new advisor, list the information in the Add New Student Advisor(s) section.
- Click Submit Change Request when you are done. Instruct student to respond to the email sent to their ISU email address to
complete the change process.
(Note: New advisor information will be sent to Central Academic Advising AFTER the CCR has been approved by the student and completed by the Registrar’s Office.)
The student will receive an email with instructions on how to complete this CCR process. In case the student needs help, here are the instructions:
- Under the Student Records Channel, click on the Approve/Deny Curriculum Change Request link.
- Click on the Curriculum Change Request link. When the Student Curriculum Change Request Approval window opens, the student must click on either the Approve or Deny buttons, and then the Submit Change Request button.
- If the student approves the request, their curriculum will be changed and they will receive an email when the change is complete. If they deny it, no changes will be made and no email will be sent. No further action is required in either case.
If the student approves the request, their curriculum will be changed and they will receive an email when the change is complete. If they deny it, no changes will be made and no email will be sent. No further action is required in either case.