Be Advised ISU

Central Academic Advising

To Change or Declare your Major:

  1. Contact the department of your desired major.
    • Declare or request a major change
    • Request to be assigned a faculty or department advisor.
    • Indicate which catalog you will graduate under.
  2. Meet with your faculty or department advisor prior to each registration period, or as often as needed.
  3. Take responsibility and maintain a personal advising folder and update each semester with current transcripts, degree plans, petitions, advising notes, your catalog, and other pertinent information.