Incomplete Grades at Idaho State University

Incomplete Grades

An incomplete grade can be awarded only as a final grade and only at the discretion of the instructor. To be eligible for an incomplete grade, a student must have satisfactorily completed a substantial portion of the course.

If the Registrar does not receive a Change of Grade form within a one-year time period following the recording of the incomplete grade, the Registrar's Office will automatically convert the incomplete to an F. Graduate courses will become a permanent I.

Only in extreme circumstances will a student be allowed an extension of the time stipulated by the instructor. A normal petition process may be used for those circumstances that would extend the allowable time period beyond one calendar year following the recording of the incomplete grade.

Return to Procedures & Guidelines Table of Contents


921 South 8th Avenue
Pocatello, Idaho, 83209