Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Evening appointments available
Center for New Directions Mission
The Center for New Directions at Idaho State University assists individuals in transition to overcome personal and economic barriers to education and employment, to access training programs and job opportunities, and to become personally and economically self-sufficient.
Center for New Directions serves College of Technology students and community members. All services are available at no charge and are confidential.
- All services are free and confidential
- Short-term career counseling (up to 12 sessions)
- Open to students and community members with a work or school goal
- Counseling services provided by licensed counselors
- Appointments available day and evening
- Walk-in hours are Monday through Friday, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Student Support Services
- Specialized career counseling for nontraditional occupations and single parent students
- Nontraditional occupation student scholarships
- Single parent scholarships
- New student backpack scholarship
- Networking opportunities with students, staff, and faculty
- Resource referrals
- Strong Interest Inventory (SII)
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Life Values Inventory
- Career Information System (CIS)