Health Information Technology
The Health Information professional is responsible for maintaining components of health information systems consistent with the medical, legal, accreditation and regulatory requirements of the health care delivery system. The health information professional maintains, compiles and reports health information data for reimbursement, facility planning, marketing, risk management, utilization management, quality assessment and research; abstracts and codes clinical data using appropriate classification systems; and analyzes health records according to standards.
The Associate Degree Health Information Technology Program at ISU College of Technology is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
- Program accepts students in August
- Courses are available online
- Program admits 20 students each year
- Graduates are eligible to sit for the Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) exam
- Student Handbook (pdf)
- Health Information Technology Associate of Applied Science (2 years)
- Health Information Technology Medical Coding Intermediate Technical Certificate (1 year)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science (4+ years)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (4+ years)
- Long-term care facilities
- Physician offices
- Hospitals and medical clinics
- Computer software vendors
- Law firms
- Insurance companies
|SAT||English: 360||Math: 320|
|rSAT||English: 360||Math: 360|
|ACT||English: 14||Math: 14|
|COMPASS||Writing: 55||Pre-Algebra: 38|
Cost of Attendance
Fees apply to the current Idaho State University fee schedule which includes mandatory student health insurance. Students with existing health insurance coverage may waive student health insurance. Waivers are available at http://www.isu.edu/stuhlth/insurance/.
Paying for College
You may apply for financial aid, scholarships, grants, and loans to help finance your college education. When you pay registration fees, you are a student of Idaho State University with the privileges and responsibilities of a college student.