Practical Nursing Program
The Practical Nursing (PNUR) program at Idaho State University College of Technology is designed to prepare graduates to take the practical nurse licensing exam and establish a career as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Upon successful completion of the coursework, students may sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN).
The Practical Nursing program provides classroom, laboratory, and student nurse practicum instruction which prepares graduates for entry into practical nursing.
- Program accepts students in August
- Additional semester required to complete prerequisite courses
- Clinical hours vary and may require evening, weekend, or overnight rotations
- Program has a special application process for admission
- Upon successful completion of coursework, students may sit for the National Council
Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN)
- There is also a Vet-To-Nurse option that enables veterans with prior medical experience to acquire college credit towards their Practical Nurse Advanced Technical Certificate.
- Practical Nursing Advanced Technical Certificate (2 years)
- Practical Nursing - Veteran Advanced Technical Certificate (1.5 years)
Completion of this certificate program entitles the student to pursue additional coursework to receive the Associate of Science Degree in Nursing. For special application procedures contact College of Technology Student Services at 208-282-2622.
Associate of Applied Science degrees will articulate into the Bachelor of Applied Science.
Associate degrees in health will articulate into the Bachelor of Science in Health Science.
- Medical offices
- Nursing and hospice care facilities
- Home health care agencies
- Temporary worker agencies
|COMPASS||Writing: 55||Pre-Algebra: 38|
|ACT||English: 14||Math: 14|
|SAT||English: 360||Math: 320|
Paying for College
You may apply for financial aid, scholarships, grants, and loans to help finance your college education. When you pay registration fees, you are a student of Idaho State University with the privileges and responsibilities of a college student.