Respiratory Therapists administer respiratory therapy care and life support to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system. More specifically, you will be assessing patients, determining the most appropriate methods of therapies, setting up and operating equipment, monitoring the patient's response to various treatment modalities, performing pulmonary function testing, and assisting patients with breathing maneuvers.
The Idaho State University Respiratory Therapy Associate Degree program in Pocatello, Idaho is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care.1248 Harwood Road
Bedford, Texas 76021-4244
CoARC Programmatic Outcomes Data
- Program accepts students in August
- Pre-requisite courses and an application are required for admission into the program
- Program admits 15 students each year
- Program contains elements of on-line instruction, required face-to-face contact for clinical instruction and skills sign-off, and clinical experience rotations in a variety of work settings.
- Associate of Science degree: Respiratory Therapy (3 years)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science (4+ years)
For special application procedures contact CTech Student Services (208) 282-2622.
- Hospitals and doctor's offices
- Nursing care facilities
- Sleep labs
- Pulmonary function labs
- Home care
- Durable medical equipment
Program Application Documents
- Respiratory Program Application Priority Deadline: February 17th, 2016
- Program Shadow
- Alternate Job Shadow Assignment
Cost of Attendance
Fees apply to the current Idaho State University fee schedule which includes mandatory student health insurance. Students with existing health insurance coverage may waive student health insurance. Waivers are available at http://www.isu.edu/stuhlth/insurance/.
Paying for College
You may apply for financial aid, scholarships, grants, and loans to help finance your college education. When you pay registration fees, you are a student of Idaho State University with the privileges and responsibilities of a college student.