- Complete an application for admission and pay fees online. Be sure to click on the undergraduate application, then click on the College of Technology Application and select your program choice.
*If you are applying for the Associate Degree Registered Nurse program, Geomatics Technology, the Respiratory Therapy program or a bachelor's degree offered through the College of Technology, go to the Undergraduate Application.
- High school graduation or GED is required. Request an official copy of your high school transcript or GED scores be sent to admissions. Please send transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: 921 S 8th Avenue, Stop 8270, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID, 83209 or fax: 208-282-4511. (Not required if you have submitted proof of 14 or more academic credits from an accredited institution of higher education).
- Request an official college transcript from each accredited institution of higher education that you have attended. Transfer students are required to have a 2.0 cumulative GPA or submit an admission petition.
- Submit your ACT or SAT scores. Valid for seven years from date of testing.
- If you do not have SAT or ACT scores you will need to take the ALEKS math placement test and the Accuplacer writing placement test. Please contact the Student Services office at (208)282-2622 to schedule these placement tests.
- Homeschooled applicants will be required to submit both ACT and SAT scores.
- Meet with one of the College of Technology advisors to finalize your acceptance. To make an appointment, call (208)282-2622.
- Apply for Financial Aid if needed. Questions — call (208)282-2756.
Note: Some programs have additional admission criteria. Contact Student Services at 208-282-2622 for assistance.
- Once you have completed the admission requirements for the program you are interested in, you will receive a letter of acceptance requesting that you send a $75 deposit to reserve your spot in the program.
- Student Services admission advisors/counselors can help you plan your course schedule. To make an appointment, call (208)282-2622.
- You will register for your classes on Bengal Web For registration assistance call Student Services.
- You can pay your fees on Bengal Web.
- Be sure to check your ISU email.
ALEKS and Accuplacer Test Requirements
- Students required to take the ALEKS and/or Accuplacer should telephone to schedule a time. Contact the Student Services office (208)282-2622 Monday through Friday between 7:30a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (4:00 p.m. during the summer). Most students need approximately an hour or more for each test. A photo id is required prior to testing.
- The ALEKS test is free for those who have applied to ISU and there is a $3.00 fee for each time the Accuplacer is taken.
- 3. The ALEKS and Accuplacer are also administered at the outreach centers in American Falls, Blackfoot, and Soda Springs. If you are located in a rural area or out-of-state, there are options available, contact Student Services for specific information.
The Adult Success Center located on the third floor of the Roy F. Christensen Complex (ISU Bldg. 48) may be utilized for preparatory study free of charge. The hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday