New NWCCU "Substantive Change" Policy and Fee Schedule for proposed program changes
Proposed changes to ISU's Mission and Core Themes -- faculty feedback due by Dec. 13, 2015.
In order to meet the March 1, 2016 deadline set by NWCCU accreditors, ISU's revised Mission Statement and Core Themes must be finalized and submitted to SBOE no later than January 18, 2016 for consideration and approval in the February SBOE meeting.
Proposed Policies and Procedures (ISUPPs) under 30-day Review period:
- Finance & Administration Student Group Travel -- comments due January 20, 2016
- Finance & Administration Student Travel -- comments due in January 20, 2016
Faculty Senate will discuss the following 13 proposed IT policies in their January 25th meeting at 4:00 pm in REND 301; representatives from General Counsel and Information Technology Services (ITS) will be present to answer questions. Faculty are welcome to attend and voice their concerns and questions about these proposed policies. Comments are due February 1, 2016.
- 2400 Acceptable Use: (4 pages) Policy discusses the appropriate uses of ISU’s IT system
- 2410 Access Control: (6 pages) Policy discusses who can access ISU’s systems and how access will be managed
- 2420 Acquisitions Development and Maintenance: (3 pages) Policy discusses IT requirements before software and hardware can be purchased, and IT security protocols after purchase
- 2430 Asset Management: (5 pages) Policy discusses the different types of information that may be received by and/or stored on ISU’s IT systems and the protocols to keep certain information confidential
- 2440 Business Continuity Management: (5 pages) Policy discusses the methods IT will use to keep ISU’s IT systems running, and the procedure for resumption if there is an interruption
- 2450 Communications and Operations Management:(5 pages) Policy discusses the methods IT will use to ensure the IT systems are protected
- 2460 Compliance and Sanctions: (3 pages) Policy discusses the need for compliance with the IT policies and the sanctions that could be imposed for violations of the policies
- 2470 Electronic Messaging: (3 pages) Policy discusses appropriate uses of ISU’s email system
- 2480 Human Resources: (3 pages) Policy discusses the responsibilities of employees, contractors, and third parties before, during, and after employment or contractual obligations
- 2490 Incident Management: (2 pages) Policy discusses the method in which security incidents will be reported and managed
- 2500 Information Security Policies: (5 pages) Policy discusses who is responsible for compliance with the IT policies
- 2510 Physical and Environmental Safety:(3 pages) Policy discusses physical security and controls of IT systems
- 2520 Risk Management:(4 pages) Policy discusses the responsibility for conducting risk assessments of the IT systems
The Office of General Counsel sends relevant proposed ISU Policies and Procedures (ISUPP) directly to faculty and staff for a 30-day comment period. As a a part of this process, faculty and staff are encouraged to revview and respond to the draft policies, and the Office of General Counsel provides a mechanism for direct faculty feedback.
To increase transparency and community discussion of issues that arise from these policies, faculty are also encouraged to send their comments to Faculty Senate for confidential compilation and forwarding. In order to send comments, revisions, and reviews of ISUPPs to Faculty Senate, you may either (1) contact your Faculty Senator (see list found here) or (2) send your comments directly to the Faculty Senate Office (email@example.com). Faculty comments on ISUPPs sent to Faculty Senate will be combined and synthesized during regularly scheduled Faculty Senate meetings, before forwarding to the Office of General Counsel and other relevant administrative assemblies, such as the Council of Deans or President's Cabinet.
Please be sure to send ISUPP comments to Faculty Senate at least 10 days before the end of the 30-day comment period.
Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Plan 2015:
- Structure of new Institutional Effectiveness & Assessment Council (IEAC) and its Subcommittees
- Faculty Senate's Role in ISU Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Plan 2015
Proposed changes to ISU's Mission and Core Themes -- faculty feedback due by Dec. 13, 2015. See note above.
Activity Insight: faculty feedback requested
The Office of Institutional Research recently made changes to streamline and simplify the use of Activity Insight, and is soliciting feedback from faculty on the usefulness of those changes. Constructive and honest feedback regarding strengths and weaknesses of the system will help guide future improvements. Please send responses to Lorie Chatfield at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 3762.