Requesting Services or Accommodations
This is the process for requesting services or accommodations at Idaho State University:
- Student self-identifies as a person with a disability, or a person who might have a disability.
- Student contacts Disability Services by phone ((208) 282-3599)), in person (Rendezvous 125), or online (Application Page).
- If completing the online application, please call (208) 282-3599 to schedule an appointment to meet with our staff.
- Student meets with Disability Services staff to determine eligibility and appropriate accommodations.
- Disability Services determines the appropriate action:
- Grant accommodations: Disability Services grants services or accommodations.
- Deny accommodations: Disability Services denies services or accommodations.
- request additional documentation: Disability Services requires documentation of disability before further action is taken.
- If accommodations are granted, the Student receives a letter of accommodation from Disability Services. This letter is only good for the semester for which it is granted. Students must obtain a letter each semester authorizing services or accommodations.
- If new or additional accommodations are necessary, the student meets with Disability Services.