Natural Reader is a text-to-speech software that converts text in Microsoft Word, Webpages, PDF files, and emails. To read you simply highlight the text and push play. A helpful feature of Natural Reader is the floating miniboard that allows the user to move and use it in any open program. Natural Reader allows the user to change the voice of the reader and speed at which it reads.
The free version of natural reader has Microsoft voices to choose from, but natural voices are only available if purchased separately. If you upgrade to a paid version of Natural Read, you can convert the text into audio files like MP3’s and WAV and select 2 or 4 natural voices with the personal and professional versions respectively.
For a sample of voices go onto http://www.naturalreaders.com/sample.htm.
- FREE version
- Personal Version 10.0- $49.50
- Professional Version 10.0- $99.50
- Reads any text that you can highlight.
- Floating minibar for easy access.
- Natural voices only available with purchase.
- Converting text into MP3’s only available with purchase.