Student Occupational Therapy Association
Who We Are
At Idaho State University, the Student Occupational Therapy Association (SOTA) is doing a lot to promote occupational therapy and help OT students reach greater heights during their academic career.
- fellowship among students and faculty,
- information concerning local, state, and national occupational therapy affairs,
- educational opportunities through community service activities and guest speakers,
- opportunities to attend state and national conferences
- opportunities to participate within the organization and gain leadership experience
Our purpose is to establish, facilitate, and promote Occupational Therapy interests among the membership and within the community. We are a non-profit, student-run organization that promotes occupational therapy (OT) through community service, public relations, fundraising, and campus activities.
- To provide optimum learning opportunities within the scope, field and profession of Occupational Therapy.
- To provide unity and collaboration among the membership.
- To provide the membership with current developments in research in both Occupational Therapy and Occupational Science.
- To promote Occupational Therapy in the University and in the community.
- To encourage Occupational Therapy practice in rural settings.