How to Apply
Read all instructions completely, failure to do so may disqualify your application from being accepted. For your application to receive full consideration, all parts must be completed and submitted by the annual deadline of November 15th.
How to Apply: Follow these 12 steps exactly when completing your DPT application.
There are 3 separate fees:
1. $45 DPT program fee.
2. $60 Graduate Application fee.
3 Your PTCAS fee.
What to send to the DPT Program by or at least postmarked by November 15th:
1. $45 Program fee must be received or postmarked by November 15th to:
a. Send a check to DPT Program, 921 S 8th Ave, Stop 8045, Pocatello, ID 83209. OR
b. You can call (208) 282-4095 or 1-800-797-4781 to pay this fee over the phone.
c. This program fee is for processing your application.
2. Failure to pay this fee by the by November 15th will disqualify your application - no exceptions will be made.
Apply to the ISU Graduate School before November 15th:
3. Submit your application for graduate studies to the Idaho State University Graduate School: www.isu.edu/graduate.
4. Pay $60. Graduate School application fee by November 15th.
5. Submit official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogy Test (MAT) scores to the ISU Graduate School. Idaho State University's code for GREs is 4355.
Apply to PTCAS, www.ptcas.org before November 15th:
6. Register and apply with Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS), www.ptcas.org.
7. Send transcripts to PTCAS, www.ptcas.org. Transcripts must be hardcopies; official transcripts submitted digitally will not be accepted.
8. When filling in the coursework section of the application be sure to enter courses in progress and courses that will be taken in future semesters. Failure to omit these will lead to an "Incomplete" application
9. Submit three letters of recommendation to PTCAS, www.ptcas.org
a. 2 letters of reference must be from licensed PTs who have observed your experience.
b. 1 letter must be from either a professor, an instructor or an advisor.
10. Submit Physical Therapy experience/observation verification forms to PTCAS.
a. You need experience from 2 different facilities with a total of 80 hours.
11. Submit your official GRE Scores to PTCAS, www.ptcas.org.
12. PTCAS has no place for you to submit your MAT scores - send MAT scores directly to the Graduate School
Failure to complete all of the above by the annual deadline of November 15th, will disqualify your application from being considered. No exception will be made.
If you have any questions about the admissions process, please contact:
Nelda Wellard, (208) 282-4095 or firstname.lastname@example.org