Assistant Lecturer in English
MA, English (2010), Idaho State University
BA, American Literature (1994), University of California, Santa Cruz
I really love helping students become critical thinkers and teaching them how to write well. Teaching composition is enjoyable because of the practical application of this type of writing. These skills not only resonate through the rest of the students' academic careers but also carry them into their chosen professions.
Selected Magazine Publications
"Coyotes Don't Litter," The Writing Disorder Winter 2015.
"Where Things Are Made," Blunderbuss Magazine April 2015. (This is an online literary journal.)
"Guilt-Free Appetizers." InsidePocatello.com Pocatello Magazine. Jan./Feb. 2010.
"Occupy." The Bannock Alternative. Dec. 2011.
This was about my trip to New York City in October of 2011 where I witnessed the "Occupy Wall Street Movement."
- 3308: Business Communications
- 3307: Professional and Technical Writing
- 2210: American Cultural Studies
- 1115: Special Topics in Literature
- 1110: Introduction to Literature
- 1102: Critical Reading and Writing
- 1101P: English Composition Plus
- 1101: English Composition
- 0090: Basic Writing
921 S 8th Ave, Stop 8056
Pocatello, ID 83209-8056
Office: LA 155
Office Phone: 282-4353