Philosophy and Religion
Philosophy and Religion minors will study the history of religion and philosophy and take courses designed to get them thinking about the "big questions." Students pursuing this minor will learn to think critically, question preconceived ideas, and logically organize the information they research.
Requirements for the minor:
The minor is a total of 18 credits.
TWO of the following:
- PHIL 2210 – Introduction to Asian Philosophies (3 cr.)
- PHIL 2220 – Philosophical Issues in Religion (3 cr.)
- PHIL 2225 – Philosophy and the Old Testament (3 cr.)
- PHIL 4425 – Existentialism (3 cr.)
ONE of the following:
- HIST 2252 – East Asian History (3 cr.)
- HIST 2254 – Middle Eastern Civilization (3 cr.)
- SOC 3368 – The Sociology of Religion (3 cr.)
- 3 additional courses within the Philosophy curriculum (9 cr.)