Looking for Spring 2016 Financial Aid?
When you have registered for spring semester classes, Student Financial Services bills your account. In BengalWeb Finance tab (right hand column), click on "My Account". Choose "Spring 2016" to see the amount due for your fees.
Once you are awarded financial aid and have accepted your award, click a second time on "Spring 2016". This is where you can expect to see financial aid applied towards the university charges. If you accepted aid for Fall 2015, usually you have already "accepted" aid for Spring 2016. You can view accepted aid on the BengalWeb Finance tab (center column) under "Accept Financial Aid Award".
Monday, January 11, 2016 is the first day of spring classes. Disbursement eligible Financial Aid funds will be transmitted to Financial Services 10 days prior to your first day of class. Financial Services will apply the funds toward your University charges and disburse any remaining funds to the student in January 2016. Exception to this follow.
- Two Loan Disbursements Are Required for All Federal Loan
Federal regulations require that all Direct Loans (subsidized, unsubsidized) must be disbursed
in two disbursements based on your enrollment period (Fall and Spring, Fall only, Spring only).
If your loan is a single semester award then loans will have two disbursements within that single semester.
The first disbursement for first-time, first-year borrowers
will be 30 days after the beginning of the first semester enrolled at least half-time. The Two Loan Disbursement requirement will apply if enrolled in one semester (Spring Only).
For additional information see "Loan Disbursement Changes".
Students who are not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) or are on a SAP contract may experience delays in
receiving financial aid the following term. SAP standards and contract terms, including credits completed and grades,
must be reviewed before the further financial aid can be disbursed. Students who are not in compliance will be denied
future financial aid and may appeal. For additional information see
*Note: In all cases, the outcome of any appeal depends on the nature of the circumstances, the quality of documentation provided, how the circumstances are being resolved or managed, and how well the student has demonstrated whether good progress is being made toward earning a degree.
Decided Not To Attend?
If you have decided not to attend, be sure to drop all classes before the add/drop deadline as listed in the Academic Calendar. Students may add/drop from a course via BengalWeb prior to the deadlines listed in the Academic Calendar. Note: Contact Admission to report you are not attending. Admissions - (208) 282-2475
This transfer date is accurate, if ALL of the statements below are
- You completed a 2015/2016 FAFSA before October 1, 2015 - (You can still apply after this date)
- You have no outstanding Financial Aid Requirements or holds such as Satisfactory Academic Progress.* (See BengalWeb Finance tab)
- You are enrolled in classes and can View your Fees in BengalWeb.
- Your first class begins the week of January 11, 2016.
- Your financial aid is visible on BengalWeb and you have Accepted Financial Aid Awards for Spring 2015.
- Has your Financial Aid been Applied
to your Fees?
- Caution: Check to see if your disbursement eligible awarded aid is enough to cover all your semester fees? (See Loan Disbursement Changes.) If not, you need to make plans or arrangements to pay the difference with Financial Services (282-3000) by the Friday before the first day of class to avoid any late fees.
- As a first time Direct Loan and PLUS Loan borrower, you have completed the on-line Loan Entrance Counseling and Electronic Master Promissory Note by mid-November at StudentLoans.gov
- You are officially admitted to the university as a degree seeking student.
- You are registered for enough credits for the type of aid you will be receiving:
- At least half-time enrollment for Federal Direct Student Loans
- 12 or more credits to receive the full amount of Federal Pell Grants
- Federal Pell Grants are reduced when you are enrolled in fewer than 12 credits
- 12 or more credits for Perkins Loans
- Impact of Wait Listed Classes on Credits
If your Financial Aid is Not Ready or Insufficient - Need More Time to Pay?
- Online Payment Options - For assistance Call (208) 282-3000
- Fee Payment Info- By Mail or In Person