|T&E Home||Tips||Forms||Policies||Contact Us|
The primary function of Travel services is to ensure the timely and accurate reimbursement of allowable employee travel expenses. This is completed through consistent application of relevant controls, policies, and procedures of the University and the State of Idaho.
- When adding comments in the T&E system commas and periods are the only punctuation that should be used. Any other form of punctuation may cause errors in the workflow approval process. If this occurs the travel document will be returned to the traveler for correction, which will delay the approval process of the travel document.
- Review the ISU Travel Policy and the FAQ documents. This simple step can help insure that your TA or TR make it through the process quickly.
- ISU's Travel Policy states to use the "most economical and effective" means of transportation both from the standpoint of time, cost and reasonableness.
- In many instances, this will be a rental or ISU motorpool car. Paying $0.54/mile for a personal car is usually the most expensive mode of ground transportation.
- With ISU'S Enterprise Rent-A-Car contract, ISU employees can rent intermediate vehicles for travel on state business at about $35/day or $180/week (plus gas). This amount includes all necessary insurance and damage coverage, and has unlimited miles.
- ISU also has contracts with Hertz and National Car Rental Companies, and a $5 discount (each way) with Salt Lake Express.
Rental Company Contract # Pin Enterprise 47ID005 IDS National XZ47IDS Hertz $65573 SLE ISU17
All faculty, staff and students traveling outside the U.S. on University business (even when combined with personal travel) must provide essential information to the Export Control Office as soon as foreign traveler is contemplated. This is true regardless of who is sponsoring/funding the travel. Your information must be provided online, using the Foreign Travel Form hosted by ISU's Export Control toolkit, Visual Compliance.
To access the form go to http://isuresearch.org/foreign-travel
- Out of State Per diem rates - Federal per diem rate calculator, with map and options to look back at prior year rates.
- Mileage Reimbursement rate - $0.54 per mile
- Currency Converter