Posted July 16, 2008
The sixth Idaho International Choral Festival, running July 16-20, will provide Idaho and the intermountain region with one of the finest musical experiences in the west this year. Events are scheduled in Pocatello at Idaho State University’s L.E. and Thelma E. Stephens Performing Arts Center and Holt Arena, as well as in Blackfoot and Marsh Valley.
Tickets are now on sale at the Stephens Performing Arts Center Box Office, which is open Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tickets can be purchased over the phone during the same hours by calling (208) 282-3595. Tickets also can be purchased online at www.isu.edu/tickets.
Festival publicity chair Jerry Miller says festival organizers are making every effort to get people in front of these choirs, “Individual tickets to the events at ISU will only be $5 each. But festival passes are available for $15 per person, or $25 for a family. Imagine being able to take your family to see and hear world class choirs from around the world over a four-day period for just $25!"
Almost 400 participants representing choirs from seven countries outside the United States are scheduled to appear, along with three American choirs, including a nearly 80-member High School Honor Choir from all across southern Idaho. Organizers say they’re expecting international choirs this year from Brazil, China Taiwan, Kenya, Lithuania, Romania and Spain, barring any problems getting visas for participants.
More information about the Idaho International Choral Festival is available online at http://idahointerchoralfest.org/.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
• 8:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. – Singing in the Hills/Hike and Picnic/Camp Taylor
• 2 - 3 p.m. – Choral Conductors Workshop, ISU Fine Arts Building Room 202.
• 3 - 5 p.m. – HS Honor Choir Rehearsal, ISU Fine Arts Building Choir Room.
• 6:30 - 7 p.m. Opening Ceremonies, Stephens Performing Arts Center, Jensen Hall.
• 7 - 9:30 p.m. Concert, Performing Arts Center, Jensen Hall. Brazil, Lithuania, Taiwan and New Jersey.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
• 8 - 9 a.m.– Host Families drop off Guests at SUB parking lot.
• 9 - 10 a.m. Workshop with Eph Ehly, ISU SUB (WoodRiver).
• 10 - 11 a.m. Workshop with Erika Schulte (Quad)
• noon - 1 p.m. – Performance at Rotary, Spain, Pocatello’s Red Lion Inn.
• 7 - 9:3 0p.m. – Blackfoot Civic Auditorium Concert, Romania Barbershop, New Jersey and Phillipines.
• 7 - 9:30 p.m. – Concert, Goranson Hall, Taiwan, Brazil and Lithuania.
• 7 - 9:30 p.m. – HS Honor Choir attends concert in Jensen Hall.
• 7 - 9:30 p.m. – Concert in Jensen Hall, China, CSG and Spain.
Friday, July 18, 2008
• 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. – Workshop with Scott Anderson, Goranson Hall
• 9:30 - 11 a.m. – Massed Choir Rehearsal, Goranson Hall.
• 7 - 9:30 p.m. – Marsh Valley Auditorium Concert, Brazil, Taiwan and Lithuania.
• 7 - 9:30 p.m. – Concert in Goranson Hall, China, New Jersey and Spain.
• 7 - 9:30 p.m. – Concert in Jensen Hall, Philippines, Romania and HS Honor Choir.
• 9:30 p.m - Midnight Parking lot dance, all participants and host families, Westwood Mall, Outer Limits Fun Zone
Saturday July 19, 2008
• 10 - 11:10 a.m – Brazil performs at 7th Day Adventist Church. • noon- 4 p.m. – Concert at the Bannock County Fairgrounds for Pioneer Day Festivities, China, Romania and Philippines.
• 7 - 9:30 p.m Gala Concert at Holt Arena.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Various am times for choirs performing in local churches.
• 2 - 7 p.m – Closing ceremonies and picnic for all choirs and host families at Upper Ross Park.
Monday, July 21, 2008
• International choirs depart at various times.