Posted October 10, 2008
“We invite the entire community to help celebrate Homecoming through the variety of events offered,” said Bill Kobus, director of Alumni Relations. “Help us celebrate by attending the parade, the pre-game tailgate party outside Holt Arena, and finally by attending the football game to cheer on our Bengals.”
For information on Alumni Relations events call (208) 282-3755 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on ASISU events contact the ISU Involvement Center at (208) 282-3451.
ISU Alumni Association and Associated Students of ISU events planned include:
• Alumni Art Show – It opened Oct. 6 and will run through Oct. 23 in the Transition Art Gallery in the Pond Student Union Building and in the Mind’s Eye Art Gallery in the Rendezvous Complex.
• ASISU Spirit Log Hunt – Begins 10 a.m. Monday, Oct. 13, at the Involvement Center in the lower level of the Pond Student Union Building.
• ASISU Street Painting – Begins at 6 p.m. Oct. 13, in the PSUB parking lot.
• ASISU Salsa Competition – Begins at noon Tuesday, Oct. 14, in the Rendezvous Complex.
• ASISU Powder-Puff Football Game – Begins 5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 14, at the ISU Rugby Field on Bartz Field.
• ASISU Bonfire/Spirit Rally – Begins at 8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 14, at Bartz Field.
• ASISU Arm Wrestling Competition – Begins at noon Wednesday, Oct. 15, in the College of Technology Roy F. Christensen Building.
• ASISU Guitars Unplugged contest – Begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 15 in the Pond Student Union Building Ballroom.
• ASISU Car Crush – Begins at noon Thursday, Oct. 16, at Cadet Field located between Reed Gymnasium and the Rendezvous Complex.
• ASISU Homecoming Royalty Pageant – Begins at 7 p.m. Oct. 16, PSUB Ballroom.
• Grapes and Growls Wine/Beer Tasting Event – It will run from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 16, in the Pinehurst Nursery & Floral, 4101 Pole Line Road, Pocatello. Non-alcoholic drinks, special hors d’oeuvres, other food and live music will be available. A $20 entry fee includes beverages, food and souvenir wine glass. For information or to RSVP contact the Office of Alumni Relations at (208) 282-3755 or send e-mail to email@example.com.
• Golden Bengals Campus Bus Tour – The tour will be held Friday, Oct. 17, beginning at 10:30 a.m. The bus departs from the Pond Student Union Building. To make reservations, contact the Alumni Association at (800) 933-4781 or (208) 282-3755.
• Founder’s Luncheon – The event begins at 11:45 p.m. Friday, Oct. 17 in the PSUB Wood River Room. To RSVP contact the Alumni Association at (800) 933-4781 or (208) 282-3755, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Med-Alert Ambulance Service Reunion – Former Med-Alert employees and friends are invited to attend a Med-Alert Ambulance Service reunion Oct. 17 and 18. Former employee or friends of Med-Alert, St. Anthony’s Hospital, or Bannock Memorial Hospital or acquaintances of the ambulance crew are invited. For more information, contact W. Brent Eaton by calling (208) 870-7333 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Past Alumni Board Presidents’ Reception – The reception is scheduled Friday, Oct. 17, at 6 p.m. at the Pocatello Red Lion Hotel. For information or to RSVP for this event contact Alumni Relations at (208) 282-3755 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• President’s Alumni Recognition Reception and Dinner – The reception will begin at 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 17, at the Red Lion Hotel’s Main Ballroom. For information or to RSVP for this event contact Alumni Relations at (208) 282-3755 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Secondhand Serenade Concert with opening band Spondee – ASISU concert begins at 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 17, in the PSUB Ballroom. Ticket prices are $15 for students and $25 for general public. Student tickets only are available at the PSUB Information Desk and at the Idaho Falls Bennion Student Union Information Desk. For more info, call 282-3451.
• A reunion of the “founding” of Sigma Phi Epsilon at ISU will be Oct. 17-19. Currently, 75 brothers and their wifes have signed up to attend, and registration is still open. For more information about reunion activities, contact Jim Liday at (208) 237-8014 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Bob Lehmann at (406) 543-8798 or email@example.com.
• Homecoming Parade – Begins at 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 18, at the corner of Center Street and First Avenue and ends at the Holt Arena parking lot.
• Homecoming 2008 Football Game – The ISU versus Northern Arizona game starts at 6:35 p.m. in the Holt Arena. Homecoming 2008 Alumni Award Recipients will receive their awards at half time. A tailgate party will begin at 5 p.m. in the Holt Arena parking lot. Tickets can be purchased at (208) 282-FANS or online at www.isu.edu/tickets.