Posted March 8, 2010
ISU Coming Events:
The Idaho State University Office of University Relations distributes this events calendar to let the media and public know about upcoming non-athletic events at the University. This information is intended to be released in print and broadcast events calendars. Various events calendars with more complete information are available online at the Web site www.isu.edu/calendar. A copy of this release can also be accessed via ISU’s home page at www.isu.edu. Information about ISU athletic events is available at http://isubengals.cstv.com/. The area code for all phone numbers is 208 unless otherwise noted. The phone number for University Relations is 282-3620. Your inquiries are welcomed.
Wednesday, March 10:
• Idaho State University’s The Center of New Directions 10th annual Women & Work Conference: The Center for New Directions at Idaho State University is presenting its10th annual Women & Work Conference on Wednesday, March 10, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., in the ISU Pond Student Union Ballroom. The keynote speaker’s presentation will be free to the public. The conference fee price is $20 for the general public and $9.50 for ISU students with a valid Bengal card. Limited scholarships are also available. Contact the Center for New Directions at 282-2454 to register or for more information. Registration forms and a conference scholarship application are available online at www.isu.edu/cnd.
Friday, March 10-13:
• Rocky Mountain Writers’ Festival: Black Rock and Sage will host the Rocky Mountain Writers’ Festival in the Pond Student Union Bengal Café, March 10-13. The festival is open to the public. For more information visit www.rockymountainwriters.com.
Saturday, March 12-13:
• Intermountain Ultimate Warrior’s Challenge: This fitness competition will be held Friday, March 12 at 7 p.m. and Saturday, March 13, at 9 a.m. at the Holt Arena. Entry registration is required at www.ultimatechallengeid.com. Entry fee dates for spectators include: before March 9, $30; after March 9, $35; without a “USA” card, $40. For more information, contact the Holt Arena ticket office at 282-3267. Seating to watch the competition is free to the public. More information about Intermountain Ultimate Warrior’s Challenge in Idaho is available at the website www.ultimatechallengeid.com.
Saturday, March 13:
• 10th Annual Taste of France Dinner: The Idaho State University French Club is sponsoring its annual Taste of France dinner and entertainment night Saturday, March 13, from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. in the ISU Pond Student Union Ballroom. Dinner will start at 5 p.m. Tickets are on sale now in the Pond Student Union main lobby from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Advanced tickets prices are: $6 for students with a valid Bengal ID card; $8 for ISU faculty and staff; $9 for the general public. All tickets will be available at the door the night of the show for an additional $1 per ticket. For more information contact Mary Chunu at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (208) 240-5123, or Valia Tatarova at email@example.com.
• Los Angeles Guitar Quartet: This concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. at the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $32 lower level and $28 upper level. To purchase tickets call the Stephens Performing Arts Center Box Office at 282-3595 or visit www.idahostatetickets.com.
• The Old Town Actor’s Studio’s Comedy of Errors: The Old Town Actors Studio of Pocatello is performing the “side-splitting” Comedy of Errors 7:30-9 p.m. at the Old Town Actors Studio at 427 N. Main, Suite G. The play is directed by Sherri Dienstfrey. All seats are $10 and may be purchased by reservation at 487-6886.
Tuesday, March 16:
• ISU College of Education Bellon Visiting Author Yangsook Choi Connection: Idaho State University College of Education Bellon Visiting Author will give a public presentation Tuesday, March 16, at 7 p.m., in the ISU College of Education Auditorium. Choi will have a book signing at 6:30 p.m.
Friday, March 19, and Saturday, March 20:
• 4th annual Chrome in the Dome car and bike show: The annual Chrome in the Dome car and bike show will be held Friday, March 19, from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m., and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. For more information visit www.isu.ctech/news/chrome-in-the-dome.shtml.
Friday, March 19:
• ISU Night with the Idaho Stampede in Boise: The Idaho Stampede and the Tulsa 66er’s will be competing in a basketball game, Friday, March 19, at 7 p.m. The event will be held at The Quest Arena, 233 S. Capitol Blvd., Boise, Idaho 83702. Ticket prices are $10 and each includes a free cheeseburger or hot dog, and a soda. For ticket ordering information contact Chris Gabettas at (208) 373-1806 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, March 21:
• Jason Aldean: Wide Open 2010 Tour: Country Western Singer Jason Aldean will perform in the Holt Arena, Sunday, March 21, at 10 a.m. Tickets are available now at the Holt Arena ticket office, Vicker’s Western Stores in Pocatello and Idaho Falls, or visit www.isu.edu/tickets. For more info, visit Aldean’s website at www.jasonaldeans.com.
Thursday, April 1:
• The Idaho State University Family Medicine Residency Program Medicine Ball: The Medicine Ball benefitting “excellence in health care” will be held Thursday, 6:30 p.m. in the ISU Holt Arena. Dining and entertainment options include: 6 p.m., fine dining at “Canopy Restaurant” by Chartwells, $100 per person; 6:30 p.m., casual dining at “Tavern on the Turf,” $35 per person; and/or 8 p.m., dessert and dancing “Cookie Places,” $10 per person. For more ticket or event information visit the website www.isu.edu/medicineball. E-mail Michele Pond-Bell at email@example.com, or call (208) 233-3545.
Friday and Saturday, April 9-10, and Monday, April 12:
• Theatre ISU Present “Street Scene”: Performances begin Friday, Saturday and Monday, at 7:30 p.m., in the Rogers Black Box Theatre in the Stephens Performing Arts Center. For more information, call 282-3595.
Friday and Saturday, April 16-17:
• Theatre ISU Present “Street Scene”: Performances will begin Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. in the Rogers Black Box Theatre in the Stephens Performing Arts Center at Idaho State University. For more information, call 282-3595.
Saturday, April 24:
• Rave On! The Buddy Holly Experience: This concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. at the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $24 for lower level seating and $20 for upper level seating. To purchase tickets call the Stephens Performing Arts Center Box Office at 282-3595 or visit www.idahostatetickets.com.
Friday, April 30, 2010:
• Idaho State Civic Symphony Concert: The 75th Anniversary Concert "A Gift to the Community" will be performed Friday, April 30, at 7:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the L.E. and Thelma E. Stephens Performing Arts Center. Visit www.thesymphony.us or call Sue Parker at (208) 234-1587 for more information.