ISU College of Technology students win awards at National Business Professionals of America competition
Posted June 1, 2010
Web Site Design and Management students and their advisors, Anne Hunt and Karla Stroud, traveled to Anaheim, California to compete against 17 states in the nation. Each of the eight ISU students placed in the top twenty in their respective competitive events with six students placing first in at least one event.
Following is a list of the students who placed at the National Leadership Conference:
• Zach Ellis – Video Production Team, first; Digital Media Production, second;
• Stephen Flatten – Fundamentals of Web Design, 17th;
• Thomas Knorr – Computer Animation Team, first; Fundamentals of Web Design, seventh;
• Eugene Manalo – Video Production Team, fourth; Graphic Design Promotion, second;
• Cody Snooks – Web Site Design Team, first; Fundamentals of Web Design, 11th;
• Jess Ward – Web Site Design Team, first;
• Loran Whited – Web Site Design Team, first;
• Kimberly Wright – Computer Animation Team, first; Fundamentals of Web Design, sixth
The mission of Business Professionals of America is to contribute to the preparation of a world-class workforce through the advancement of leadership, citizenship, academic and technological skills. Students involved in BPA receive opportunities to develop leadership skills, interact with businesses/industry, receive help in career/job preparation and compete in events.