Posted November 18, 2011
Calendar of Events
ISU Coming Events: November 18-December 3
The Idaho State University Office of Marketing and Communications distributes this event calendar to let the public and media know about upcoming non-athletic events at the University. This information is intended for release in print and broadcast events calendars. Various events calendars with more complete information are available online at the website www.isu.edu/calendar. A copy of this release can also be accessed via ISU's homepage at www.isu.edu. Information about ISU athletic events is available at www.isubengals.com. The area code for all phone numbers is 208 unless otherwise noted. The phone number for Marketing and Communications is (208) 282-3620.
• Call for submissions for Exhibit: The Women's History Month Committee at Idaho State University is calling for submissions for "Mama Said: The Artworks and Artifacts of Wise Women" to be on exhibit at the Transition Gallery on the ISU campus Feb. 27 - March 10 in recognition of National Women's History Month. A formal call for artists can be found at http://www.isu.edu/andersoncenter. The submission deadline is Jan. 9. For further information contact the Anderson Center at (208) 282-2805 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Donations Needed for "Read and Feed" Service Project at ISU-Twin Falls: Idaho State University-Twin Falls elementary education students and College of Southern Idaho education students are working together on a service project "Read and Feed" to give Twin Falls elementary students books and snacks on Dec. 9. The ISU/CSI students are seeking donations of new or gently used books and healthy, non-perishable snacks such as pretzels or granola bars to give to 164 first and second graders at Lincoln Elementary School in Twin Falls. Donations are requested by December 1. They can be dropped off at the ISU Twin Falls office in the Evergreen Building at CSI or at the CSI Education Office in the Aspen Building at CSI. Donations can be picked up by calling 208-736-2101 to arrange a pickup.
• ISU Outdoor Center will begin renting yurts and cabins: The Idaho State University Outdoor Adventure Center will begin renting and taking reservations for the Portneuf Yurt System yurts and Camp Taylor cabins beginning at 9 a.m. Nov. 18. The ISU Outdoor Adventure Center will also be taking winter reservations for Camp Taylor cabins located on Scout Mountain. The ISU Outdoor Adventure Center is open Mondays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Tuesdays through Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and, beginning Jan. 7, it will be open Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information on renting a yurt or cabin, contact the OAC at 208-282-3912.
Friday, November 18, and Saturday, November 19
• Tribute: Dance ISU Concert: The ISU Department of Theatre and Dance will present Tribute: Dance ISU Concert at 7:30 p.m. in the Roger's Black Box Theatre. Ticket prices are $15 for adults, $9 for pre-college students and $7 for ISU students with Bengal cards. No children under six will be admitted. Tickets can be purchased online at www.isu.edu/tickets/ or by telephone at 208-282-3595.
Friday, November 18, and Saturday, November 19
• Camerata Singers Concert: The Camerata singers will perform from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Ticket prices are $8 for adults, $6 for faculty/staff, $4 for pre-college students and free for ISU students with Bengal cards. For more information, call 208-282-3636.
Monday, November 21 through Friday, November 25
• Fall Recess (no classes), Offices will be open Nov. 21-23
Thursday, December 1
• Holiday Tree Lighting Festival: The Idaho State University Union Program Council will hold a Holiday Tree Lighting Festival at 7 p.m. Dec. 1. The lighting event will be held at the Hutchinson Quadrangle entrance of the Pond Student Union at Idaho State University. The event will consist of the lighting of a 25-foot-high holiday tree, carriage rides, an ice sculptor, a cookie decorating activity, free holiday treats and hot cocoa, and a performance by the ISU Chamber Choir. The event is free to everyone.
Friday, December 2
• ISU Choirs Holiday Concert: The ISU Choirs Holiday Concert will run from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Ticket prices are $8 for adults, $6 for faculty/staff, $4 for pre-college students and free for ISU students with Bengal cards. For more information, call 208-282-3636.
Saturday, December 3
• 5K Santa Claws Fun Run: Idaho State University Department of Sport Science and Physical Education students are putting on a 5K Santa Claws Fun Run on Dec. 3 to help kick off the holidays, while benefiting Brooklyn's Playground and the Bengal Foundation. All ages are encouraged to participate in the 5-kilomer run, which will start at 9:30 a.m. at the east side of Reed Gymnasium on the ISU campus. Registration is available online at Active.com, (keywords Santa Claws Fun Run). The pre-registration fee is $20 for those 15 and older, and on the day of the race is $25 starting at 7:30 a.m. The first 50 kids under age 14 can race for free. Kids should sign up at the Wellness Center or on race day. For more information contact Devin Papetti at 208-241-8187 or email@example.com; or Clark Rasmussen at 208-680-5720 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Dr. Caroline Faure at 208-282-4085 or email@example.com.