Posted December 2, 2011
The Idaho State University Office of Marketing and Communications distributes this event calendar to let the public and media know about upcoming non-athletic events at the University. This information is intended for release in print and broadcast events calendars. Various events calendars with more complete information are available online at the website www.isu.edu/calendar. A copy of this release can also be accessed via ISU's homepage at www.isu.edu. Information about ISU athletic events is available at www.isubengals.com. The area code for all phone numbers is 208 unless otherwise noted. The phone number for Marketing and Communications is (208) 282-3620.
Friday, December 2
• ISU Choirs Holiday Concert: The ISU Choirs Holiday Concert will run from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Ticket prices are $8 for adults, $6 for faculty/staff, $4 for pre-college students and free for ISU students with Bengal cards. For more information, call 208-282-3636.
• Idaho State University Mind’s Eye Gallery Opens: The Idaho State University Mind’s Eye Gallery, located in the Rendezvous Center, will open to celebrate the 400th anniversary of the King James Version Bible. The centerpiece of the show will be a genuine page from the first printing of the King James Bible. The show will run from Dec. 3 to Dec. 16 from 8 a.m.-7 p.m. and is titled, "Verbum Dei Manet Aeternum: The King James Bible 400th Anniversary 1611-2011." The Latin phrase means, "The Word of God Endureth Forever."
• Call for submissions for Exhibit: The Women's History Month Committee at Idaho State University is calling for submissions for "Mama Said: The Artworks and Artifacts of Wise Women" to be on exhibit at the Transition Gallery on the ISU campus Feb. 27 - March 10 in recognition of National Women's History Month. A formal call for artists can be found at http://www.isu.edu/andersoncenter. The submission deadline is Jan. 9. For further information contact the Anderson Center at (208) 282-2805 or email email@example.com.
• ISU Outdoor Center will begin renting yurts and cabins: The Idaho State University Outdoor Adventure Center will begin renting and taking reservations for the Portneuf Yurt System yurts and Camp Taylor cabins beginning at 9 a.m. Nov. 18.The ISU Outdoor Adventure Center will also be taking winter reservations for Camp Taylor cabins located on Scout Mountain. The ISU Outdoor Adventure Center is open Mondays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Tuesdays through Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and, beginning Jan. 7, it will be open Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information on renting a yurt or cabin, contact the OAC at 208-282-3912.
Saturday, December 3
• 5K Santa Claws Fun Run: Idaho State University Department of Sport Science and Physical Education students are putting on a 5K Santa Claws Fun Run on Dec. 3 to help kick off the holidays, while benefiting Brooklyn's Playground and the Bengal Foundation. All ages are encouraged to participate in the 5-kilomer run, which will start at 9:30 a.m. at the east side of Reed Gymnasium on the ISU campus. Registration is available online at Active.com, (keywords Santa Claws Fun Run). The pre-registration fee is $20 for those 15 and older, and on the day of the race is $25 starting at 7:30 a.m. The first 50 kids under age 14 can race for free. Kids should sign up at the Wellness Center or on race day. For more information contact Devin Papetti at 208-241-8187 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Clark Rasmussen at 208-680-5720 or email@example.com; or Dr. Caroline Faure at 208-282-4085 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, December 7
• Idaho State Civic Symphony Youth Orchestra: The Idaho State Civic Symphony Youth Orchestra will run from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Ticket prices are $8 for adults, $6 for faculty/staff, $4 for pre-college students and free for ISU students with Bengal cards. For more information, call 208-282-3636.
Friday, December 9
• ISU Chamber Orchestra: The ISU Chamber Orchestra will perform in the Marshall Rotunda in the Stephens Performing Arts Center at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call 208-282-3636.
Friday, December 9
• Idaho State Civic Symphony: The Idaho State Civic Symphony will perform with the Waikiki Seven at 7:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Ticket prices are $32 for adults, $16 for pre-college students and $7 for ISU students with valid Bengal cards. For more information, call 208-282-3636.
Saturday, December 10
• High School Honor Band Festival: The High School Honor Band Festival will begin at 4 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Ticket prices are $8 for adults, $6 for faculty/staff, $4 for pre-college students and free for ISU students with Bengal cards. For more information, call 208-282-3636.
Saturday, December 10
• Children’s Chorus Christmas Concert: The Children's Chorus Christmas Concert will begin at 1 p.m. in Goranson Hall inside the Fine Arts Building. This event is free to the public. For more information, call 208-282-3636.
Thursday, December 15
• Season of Note to Present Mindy Gledhill Christmas Concert: Idaho State University Season of Note will present Mindy Gledhill with the Teton Chamber Orchestra at 7:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall inside of the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $24 for the main for and $20 for the balcony. For more information or to purchase tickets call the Box Office at 208-282-3595.
Friday, December 16
• Fall Semester classes end.
Monday, December 26 – Monday, January 2
• ISU offices closed for Christmas and New Year Holidays.
Monday, January 9
• Spring Semester classed begin.