Posted February 10, 2012
ISU Coming Events:February 10-February 24
The Idaho State University Office of Marketing and Communications distributes this event calendar to let the public and media know about upcoming non-athletic events at the University. This information is intended for release in print and broadcast events calendars. Various events calendars with more complete information are available online at the website www.isu.edu/calendar. A copy of this release can also be accessed via ISU’s homepage at www.isu.edu. Information about ISU athletic events is available at www.isubengals.com. The area code for all phone numbers is 208 unless otherwise noted. The phone number for Marketing and Communications is (208) 282-3620.
Friday, February 10
• Idaho State Civic Symphony to present: Music from Russia: The Idaho State Civic Symphony will present Music from Russia featuring pianist Kori Bond on Feb. 10 at 7:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall inside the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Tickets are available at www.isu.edu/tickets, or by calling the Stephens Center Box Office at 282-3595. Ticket prices are $32 for adults, $16 for precollege students and $7 for ISU students.
• ISU MFA student thesis exhibit on display at David Gallery: Nathan Barnes's Idaho State University Master of Fine Arts thesis exhibition "Old Voices, New Ears" will be on display through Feb. 17, in the John B. Davis Gallery of the ISU Fine Arts Building. Gallery hours are Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Most of his work is oil paint on canvas panel; however he sometimes uses real objects in his pieces and forays into sculpture as well. For more information on the Davis Gallery visit www.isu.edu/art/galleries.shtml or contact Amy Jo Popa at 282-3341.
Friday and Saturday, February 10-11
• ISU Theatre and Dance to present Black Comedy: Idaho State University Theatre and Dance Department will present Black Comedy on Feb. 10 and 11 at 7:30 p.m. in the Rogers Black Box Theatre inside the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Tickets are available at www.isu.edu/tickets, or by calling the Stephens Center Box Office at (208) 282-3595. Tickets are $15 for adults, $8 for precollege students and $7 for ISU students. For more information or to purchase tickets contact the box office at (208) 282-3595 or visit www.isu.edu/tickets.
Saturday, February 11
• ISU Senior Recital: ISU music major Amanda Hall, soprano, will perform her senior recital on Feb. 11 at 7:30 p.m. in Goranson Hall inside the Fine Arts Building. Admission is free to the public. For more information contact the music department at 282-3636.
Thursday, February 16
• ISU-Meridian Health Science Center to provide free flu shots in Boise: Treasure Valley residents can attend a free Community Health Screening, Thursday, Feb. 16, 4-7 p.m., in the Western Town Building at the Expo Idaho Fairgrounds, 5610 N. Glenwood St., in Boise. The free screenings are intended for low-income adults with no insurance or limited access to preventive health care. The full screening process takes about an hour. No appointment is necessary. For more information, call 373-1700.
• ISU 'Elect Her' training: Idaho State University will offer the workshop "Elect Her" which is the only program in the country that encourages and trains young women to run for student government positions at their colleges. The training at ISU is scheduled from 4 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 16, in the Pond Student Union Salmon River Suite. Advance registration is required for participation. Registration is available online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ELECT-HER-2011. For more information about the ISU training, contact the Anderson Center at (208)-282-2805.
• ISU accounting fraternity offers free income tax prep for low income taxpayers: Free income tax return preparation for low income taxpayers will be offered by VITA, a volunteer arm of the Internal Revenue Service, every Thursday through March 15 from 5 to 9 p.m. in Room 111 of ISU's Turner Hall. For more information contact Pete Frischmann at 282-3501 or email Beta Alpha Psi's Brett Horsburgh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, February 18
• Season of Note to present Kenya Safari Acrobats: Idaho State University Season of Note will present the Kenya Safari Acrobats on Feb. 18 at 7:30 in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall inside the Stephens Performing Arts Center. The Kenya Safari Acrobats perform a non-stop ride of gravity-defying human pyramids, balancing, tumbling, limbo dancing, hurling through hoops and breathtaking contortions, all while clapping to a joyful Benga beat. Tickets are $28 for the main floor and $24 for the balcony. For more information or to purchase tickets contact the Box Office at 282-3595 or visit www.isu.edu/tickets.
Monday, February 20
• President's Day, no class and offices closed
Tuesday, February 21
• ISU MFA student thesis exhibit on display at David Gallery: An Idaho State University Master of Fine Arts thesis exhibition titled "Pestilence" by Joanna Cleveland will open Tuesday, Feb. 21, in the ISU John B. Davis Gallery in the Fine Arts Building. It runs through March 2. Gallery hours are Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information on the Davis Gallery visit www.isu.edu/art/galleries.shtml or contact Amy Jo Popa at 282-3341.
Friday, February 24
• 19th Annual ISU PPSA spaghetti feed, raffle, auction, Make-A-Wish fundraiser: The 19th annual Idaho State University Professional Pharmacy Student Alliance (PPSA) Spaghetti Feed, Raffle and Auction will be held at 6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 24, in the Pond Student Union Ballroom. The event is meant for the whole family with activities for children and many raffle items.. Tickets for the dinner are $5 per person or $20 per family. Tickets can be purchased in advance by contacting the College of Pharmacy at 282-4597.
• ISU Women's Choir and Chamber Choir Concert: The Idaho State Women's Choir and Chamber choir will perform Friday, Feb. 24 at 7:30 p.m. at the Jensen Grand Concert Hall inside the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $8 for adults, $4 for pre-college students, $6 for ISU faculty and staff and free for ISU students with valid Bengal cards. For more information or to purchase tickets, call the Box Office at 282-3595 or visit www.isu.edu/tickets.