Idaho State University announces 2012 Professional Achievement and Outstanding Student Award recipients
Posted March 29, 2012
Idaho State University and the ISU Alumni Association proudly announce the 2012 Professional Achievement Award and Outstanding Student Award recipients.
Professional Achievement Award recipients are alumni who have made important contributions to their careers or professions, to the social, political or economic well-being of the world around them and have shown continued community and civic involvement in addition to their association and contributions to Idaho State University. Individuals selected for these prestigious awards have been out of school at least 10 years and have excelled in their chosen field attaining significant success and accomplishments.
Outstanding Student Awards are presented to recognize outstanding graduating seniors who have excelled in their programs, their extracurricular activities and have generally epitomized ISU's outstanding student body. Students receiving these prestigious awards exhibit a readiness to graduate, high academic achievement, above-average dedication to academic and professional goals, and involvement in professional societies. Work experience and community service are also considered.
Professional Achievement Award recipients for 2012 are:
• Stephen L. Beckley, from Fort Collins, Colo., College of Arts and Letters, Fine Arts and Humanities;
• Jason Bohne, Frederick, Md., College of Arts and Letters, Social and Behavioral Sciences;
• Dr. James W. Mahar, Pocatello, College of Science and Engineering, Natural and Physical Sciences;
• Frank A. Angelo, Avon, Conn., College of Science and Engineering, Engineering;
• Brent Fauré, Pocatello, College of Education;
• Gary D. Campbell, Houston, Texas, College of Business;
• Darwin Pugmire, Meridian, College of Technology;
• Dr. Peter See-Kong Woo, Indio, Calif., College of Pharmacy;
• Dr. Enid Davis, Idaho Falls, Division of Health Sciences; and
• Alene Harrison, Orem, Utah, ED.D., School of Nursing.
Outstanding Student Award recipients for 2012 are:
• Princess C. Young, Mountain, Home, College of Business;
• Shalene M. Summers, Ammon, College of Education;
• Kirstin J. Kooda, College of Pharmacy;
• Kelsey J. Petersen, Twin Falls, College of Arts and Letters, Fine Arts and Humanities;
• KC L. Harding, Boise, College of Arts and Letters, Social and Behavioral Sciences;
• Matthew D. Smitheram, Montpelier, College of Technology;
• Lacey Rahmig, Soda Springs and Shelley, Division of Health Services;
• Michael R. Shafer, Boise, School of Nursing;
• Jariullah Safi, Punjab, Pakistan, College of Science and Engineering, Engineering;
• Jeremy A. Farrell, College of Science and Engineering, Natural and Physical Sciences;
• Misty M. Strain, Moscow, Graduate School, Master's Candidate;
• Kai-yi “Clark” Huang, Tainan City, Taiwan, Graduate School, Doctoral Candidate; and
• Chandrasekhar Potluri, Eluru, Andhra Pradesh, India, Graduate School, Doctoral Candidate.