Posted January 28, 2013
ISU Coming Events: January 25 – February 2
The Idaho State University Office of Marketing and Communications distributes this event calendar to let the public and media know about upcoming non-athletic events at the University. This information is intended for release in print and broadcast events calendars. Various events calendars with more complete information are available online at the website www.isu.edu/calendar.
A copy of this release can also be accessed via ISU’s homepage at www.isu.edu. Information about ISU athletic events is available at www.isubengals.com. The area code for all phone numbers is 208 unless otherwise noted. The phone number for Marketing and Communications is (208) 282-3620.
• ISU "A Season of Note" to Present Celtic Crossroads: This critically acclaimed musical show from Ireland will perform at 7:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $28 and $24. Tickets can be purchased at the Stephens Center Box Office, open from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during the school year; over the phone at (208) 282-3595; online at www.isu.edu/tickets; or at Vickers Western Stores in Pocatello or Idaho Falls. Website: www.celticcrossroads.ie.
• ISU Chinese New Year Celebration: ISU Chinese New Year Night 2013 is scheduled on Saturday, Jan. 26, from 6 to 9 p.m., at the Pond Student Union Ballroom. Tickets are $7 for ISU students, $8 for ISU faculty and staff, and $9 for the general public. Tickets cost $1 more at the door. Children under age 5 have free admission. Tickets are on sale at the Pond Student Union and Rendezvous Complex from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. through Jan. 25. For more information contact Qifeng Wu at 208-317-8195 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, January 28
• Kristol Coker's Exhibition "Echoes": Coker's glass and bronze exhibition "Echoes" is scheduled Jan. 29-Feb. 8, with an opening reception Jan. 28, at the John B. Davis Art Gallery in ISU Fine Arts Building. This event is free and open to the public. The John B. Davis Gallery hours are Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more gallery information, contact Amy Jo Popa, John B. Davis Gallery director, 282-3341.
Wednesday, February 6
• ISU "A Season of Note" to Present Paco Pena: Acclaimed flamenco guitarist Paco Pena will perform at 7:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $28 or $24. Tickets can be purchased at the Stephens Center Box Office, open from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during the school year; over the phone at (208) 282-3595; online at www.isu.edu/tickets; or at Vickers Western Stores in Pocatello or Idaho Falls. Website: www.pacopena.com.
Thursday, February 7
• Community Health Screening in Boise: Idaho State University-Meridian assisting the free screening for uninsured adults on Thursday, Feb. 7, from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Immanuel Lutheran Church, 707 W. Fort St., Boise. Flu shots, hepatitis C screenings are offered. The full screening process takes about an hour. No appointment is necessary. Valley Ride bus stops are nearby. For more information, call 208-373-1700 or healthyU@isu.edu.
Tuesday, February 12
• ISU-Idaho Falls to hold Majors Fair: Idaho State University-Idaho Falls will hold the seventh annual Majors Fair from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Tuesday, Feb.12, in the Bennion Student Union multi-purpose room at University Place. The event is sponsored by ISU-Idaho Falls Student Services, the office of Counseling, Testing, Career Services and the Bennion Student Union. For more information, contact Susan MaComb at 208-282-7802 or email@example.com.
Monday, February 18
• President’s Day Holiday: No classes, offices closed.