Posted March 14, 2013
The third annual Celebrate Idaho State, a CommUniversity event, will feature more than 120 groups providing a variety of free food, entertainment, art, culture, information, and scientific displays and demonstrations from 4 to 7 p.m. March 19 in and near the ISU Pond Student Union.
This year's event incorporates the Idaho Science and Engineering Festival and the Idaho State University College of Technology's Tech Expo.
• 4 p.m. – Presidents' Welcome, featuring ISU President Arthur C. Vailas, the reading of the Mayors' proclamations and Governor's proclamation regarding the week of March 17-23 being honored as ISU Week, and the announcement of the three Celebrate Idaho State $1,000 scholarship winners.
• 4:15 p.m. – ISU string ensemble performance
• 4:30 p.m. – ISU saxophone quartet performance
• 4:30-5:30 p.m. – ISU Department of Physics Idaho Science and Engineering Festival Egg-Drop Competition, in PSUB Film Theater
• 5 p.m. – ISU Chamber Choir performance
• 5:30-6:30 p.m. – ISU Department of Physics Idaho Science and Engineering Festival Egg-Toss Catapult Competition, Hutchinson Quadrangle
• 5-6:30 p.m. – Performances and appearances by ISU Department of Theatre and Dance groups.
• 6 p.m. – Portneuf Valley Drumline
Free food at the event includes hotdogs and chips donated by Costco; baked potatoes donated by Driscoll Farms; chili, condiments, cookies and lemonade donated by Chartwells; and ice cream bars donated by the United Dairymen of Idaho.
The ISU Credit Union will be handing out Celebrate Idaho State T-shirts.
The Idaho Museum of Natural History will be offering free exhibit tours during the event.