Posted October 1, 2007
Idaho State University’s Homecoming 2007 with the theme “Bengals Are Forever” will feature a variety of events culminating with the Homecoming Parade at 10 a.m. and football game at 2:05 p.m. on Oct. 6.
“We invite the entire community to help celebrate Homecoming,” said Bill Kobus, director of Alumni Relations. “Visit the campus area to view our new decorative banners. Also help us to celebrate by attending the parade, the pre-game tailgate party outside Holt Arena, and finally by attending the football game to cheer on our Bengals.”
Major ISU Alumni Association events planned include:
• Alumni Art Show – The show opened Sept. 24 in the newly remodeled Transition Gallery in the Pond Student Union Building and in the Mind’s Eye Gallery in its new location inside the Rendezvous Complex and will run through Oct. 25.
• Grapes & Growls Wine/Beer Tasting Event – This event is scheduled from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Oct. 4 in the Pinehurst Nursery, 4101 Pole Line Road, Pocatello. It will feature wine and beer that is “all made in Idaho.” Non-alcoholic drinks will be available, as will potato “martinis,” special hors d’oeuvres and other food and live music. A $20 entry fee includes beverages, food and souvenir wine glass. For information or to RSVP for this event contact the Office of Alumni Relations at (208) 282-3755 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Golden Bengals Bus Tour of the ISU Campus – The tour will be held Friday, Oct. 5, at 10:30 a.m. Participants should meet at the Pond Student Union Building near the Bengal Theater entrance on the east side of the building.
• Founders’ Luncheon/Golden Bengals Pinning Ceremony – The ceremony begins Friday, Oct. 5, at 11:45 a.m. in the PSUB Ballroom. All attending 1957 ISU graduates will be honored with a pin presented to them by Laura Vailas, Ph.D., wife of ISU President Arthur C. Vailas. For information or to RSVP for this event please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at (208) 282-3755 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Past Alumni Board Presidents Reception – The reception is scheduled Friday, Oct. 5, at 6 p.m. at the Pocatello Red Lion Hotel in Suite #109. For information or to RSVP for this event please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at (208) 282-3755 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• President’s Alumni Recognition Reception and Dinner – The reception will begin at 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5, at the Red Lion Hotel near the swimming pool and the dinner is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. at Red Lion Hotel's Main Ballroom.
• Homecoming Parade – Begins at 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 6, at the corner of Center Street and First Avenue and ends at the Holt Arena Parking lot.
• Homecoming 2007 Football Game – The ISU versus Northern Colorado game kicks off at 2:05 p.m. in the Holt Arena. Altitude Sports will provide live TV coverage. Homecoming 2007 Alumni Award Recipients will receive their awards at half time. A special recognition for former ISU coach Babe Caccia will also take place at 1:45 p.m. prior to the game.
• Reunions taking place include the undefeated 1952 and 1957 football teams, call Donna Hayes for more details at (208) 282-5773; the College of Pharmacy Class of 1957, call Dan Dean, (208) 282-3655; and an all-class School of Nursing reunion, call Jan Frazier, (208) 282-2429. In addition, an ISU retirees’ reunion is set at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 1 at Juniper Hills Country Club in Pocatello. Cost is $25 per person. Contact Glenn Alford, 232-3302, or Anita or Ross Ruchti at 233-6594.
For information on any of these events please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at (208) 282-3755 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associated Students of ISU events planned include:
• Bonfire and spirit rally at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 3, at Bartz Field.
• Royalty Pageant at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4, in Frazier Hall Auditorium.
• “Tailgate Party and Roam to the Dome,” Saturday, Oct. 6, 1:30 p.m., Holt Arena.