MHE Admissions Process and Criteria
The Program Director will review MHE applications. Admission standards and application procedures are presented in the graduate bulletin. The Program Director will admit prospective students who satisfy the MHE program and Graduate School admission requirements. Applicants who do not completely satisfy requirements are referred to the Health Education Admissions Committee (MHE director, and MHE graduate faculty) to determine admission.
For classified admission into the program, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Meet all requirements of the Graduate School.
- Submit all previous college transcripts and have an accumulative undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 in upper division courses. An applicant who currently holds a graduate degree must submit their transcripts, but the undergraduate GPA will not apply.
- Complete the GRE. Must score at least 40th percentile when considering both quantitative and verbal sections, but no lower than the 20th percentile in either section.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from individuals (non-relatives) who are familiar with their abilities. The letters should be sent to the MHE program at the same time the application is sent to the Graduate School.
- Applicants must submit a typed essay (one to two pages, single spaced) describing their interest in pursuing the MHE degree and their vision of how it will facilitate their career goals.
- Applicants currently holding degrees at the doctoral level from an accredited institution will not be required to submit GRE general test scores, except for applicants who have a professional doctoral degree (e.g., PharmD and Juris Doctorate). Those holding degrees at the baccalaureate and masters level must submit GRE general test results to the Graduate School.
NOTE: Financial aid is not available to students admitted with a conditional status.