Check out the new University Honors Program home!
All the Honors staff are now working for you in Rendezvous 304A, on the third floor right just down the hall from the elevator. You will also find plenty of lounge seating for studying and collaborating with your fellow Honors students.
As the only Honors Degree granting institution in Idaho, the University Honors Program (UHP) at Idaho State University is an elite academic program for students who aspire to a more engaging and enriching collegiate experience. The UHP's goal is to challenge students to become critical thinkers that are highly qualified, engaged in their community, and self motivated. Thus, the UHP is a research and civic engagement focused program at ISU. Its participants exemplify active and engaged learning as they participate in the creation of new knowledge by accomplishing the four goals set forth in ISU's Strategic Plan.
The primary goals of the program are:
- To provide a challenging and imaginative curriculum.
- To prepare students for a post-graduate education through seminars, individual scholarship, and one-on-one interaction with faculty.
- To enhance the life of all honors students by nurturing a spirit of continued inquiry and a love of learning.
Graduates of the University Honors Program will receive Idaho’s only Honors Degree - either the Honors Bachelor of Arts, the Honors Bachelor of Science, the Honors Bachelor of Business Administration, or the Honors Bachelor of Fine Arts.
The University Honors Program offers students:
- Priority registration throughout the student's college career
- Small class sizes throughout the honors curriculum
- Organized leadership and service activities outside the classroom
- An active learning and living community on campus
- Personal connections with honors faculty to support student growth
- Individual undergraduate research opportunities
- Additional scholarships reserved for honors students
- A tremendous preparation for post-graduate studies
Last Modified: 05/11/2017