International Programs Office

  • gallery thumbnail
  • gallery thumbnail
  • gallery thumbnail
  • gallery thumbnail
  • gallery thumbnail

How to Apply for Exchange at ISU

Incoming Exhcange

If your home institution has an exchange agreement with Idaho State University, you should contact the Study Abroad or International Office at your university to complete all application forms. Once the application packet is completed, it must be sent directly to the International Programs Office.

Idaho State University's Partner Institutions

  • Al Akhawayn University, Morocco
  • ITESO University, Mexico
  • Kansai Gaidai University, Osaka, Japan
  • ORT University, Uruguay
  • Paderborn University, Germany
  • Plymouth University, England
  • Politecnica University of Valencia, Spain
  • UMEA University, Sweden
  • University of Burgundy, France
  • University of Valencia, Spain

Incoming Visiting Student (not part of exchange agreements)

If your home institution does not have an agreement, please contact the Idaho State University Study Abroad Coordinator at or 208-282-2953. If you are a visiting student, then you will need to pay a $50 application fee; tuition and other fees will apply.

Application Forms

Additional Required Documents

  • An approval letter from your exchange coordinator authorizing your participation in study abroad.
  • Official Transcript
  • 2 academic reference letters/forms (completed by a professor)
  • Evidence of medical insurance, if you cannot provide medical insurance, then you will need to purchase ISUís insurance upon arrival)
  • Provide an essay explaining on how the study abroad at experience will benefit you
  • English Proficiency -TOEFL (minimum score of 61 on computer exam) or IELTS (minimum score of overall 5.0) if applicable.

The Study Abroad Coordinator will review your application; you will be sent an official acceptance letter, and DS-2019 form, to apply for your J-1 student exchange visa.