About Bengal Bridge
Bengal Bridge is a 7-week summer college semester with a bonus: tuition is only $65.00 per credit hour for recently graduated high school seniors. Students earn 9-10 college credits, including general education courses, that count toward their degrees. We provide small classes, specialized tutoring, and supplemental instruction to help students make that bridge between high school and college successfully.
Bridge's primary goals are encouraging more high school students to go to college, providing a solid start for incoming first-year students, and helping students earn credits toward their degree before the fall semester begins.
Some Benefits of Participating in Bengal Bridge
- Earn 9-10 credits toward a degree before the fall semester (especially helpful because we offer science and math courses that typically fill up fast in the fall)
- Get a huge reduction in tuition for the summer semester: $585.00 for 9 credits versus $3,132.00 (regular tuition for 9 credits)—a savings of $2,547.00
- Become comfortable with the university atmosphere and culture and learn essential student success skills to ease the transition into college
- Apply and be accepted to Idaho State University.
- Apply to Bengal Bridge Bridge before April 1st.
Meet at least one of the following criteria.
(This list is not exhaustive. If you have any questions about eligibility, please call the Student Success Center at 208- 282-3662.)
- First generation college student (neither of your parents have a 4-year degree)
- Financial aid (Pell Grant) eligible through FAFSA
- Minority/underserved population
- Documented disability
- ACT or SAT test scores in the ranges below *
|ACT||SAT (OLD SCORING SYSTEM)||SAT (NEW SCORING SYSTEM)|
|MATH: 16-18||MATH: 390-450||MATH: At least 430 and less than 460|
|Verbal: Below 18||Verbal: 360-450||Reading & Writing/Verbal: 26 and below|
Details About Applying
Students applying for Bengal Bridge will want to apply to ISU for the summer 2017 semester, not the fall. If students have already applied for the fall semester, but want to participate in Bengal Bridge, they may still apply for Bridge, but should let us know that they've applied for the fall semester instead of summer. Contact the ISU Student Success Center at 208-282-3662.
The semester is 7 weeks long, and the dates are June 12 - July 28, 2017. Because of the price reductions we have negotiated for Bengal Bridge students only, attendance for the entire 7-week period is expected and graded.
There is no application fee for Bengal Bridge, but there is an ISU application fee that all students must pay ($50.00). Additional costs to consider are housing, a meal plan, and books. However, we have negotiated reduced prices for both housing and meals, and our instructors work to keep book prices to a minimum. Students are not required to live on campus, but we highly recommend that they do because of the additional support our faculty and staff can offer to help them succeed. Students can use federal student aid (Pell grants and loans) to cover these costs. Estimated costs: books $100-200, housing, $420, meal plan $300-600 (depending upon meal plan selections).
Questions or Interested in More Information
Call the ISU Student Success Center at 208-282-3662 or email us at email@example.com. We'd be happy to talk with you about the program!
Last Modified: 02/09/2017