Students: Log in to BengalWeb, and go to the Academics Tools link. Click on the ISU Class Schedule link found in the Registration Tools portlet.
Faculty/Advisors/Staff: Log in to BengalWeb, and go to the Academics link. Click on the ISU Class Schedule link found in the Faculty Tools portlet, the Advisor Tools portlet (you may have one or more of these on your default layout, depending on your role).
- Select Term or Date Range. Select the term you wish to search, and then click Submit.
- Look Up Classes. Select the options for your search, and then click the
Class Search button near the bottom of the screen.
- You must select at least one Subject to begin searching. To select multiple subjects, hold down the Ctrl key, and click each of the desired subjects.
- You may leave the other options (Course Number, Title, Schedule Type, Credit Range, Campus, Course Level, Part of Term, Instructor, Session, Attribute Type, Start Time, End Time, Days) with their default values — or you may enter specific values to narrow your search.
- Clicking the boxes next to the Days will search for classes only on those days. Leave the boxes unchecked to receive the maximum number of results.
- Here are some sample sections found:
- CRN (Course Reference Number). The number used to designate a specific class section (Index Number in the previous system). Click blue CRNs to see additional details and links to catalog information.
- Crse (Course Number). Important: All ISU course numbers now have 4-digit identifiers. For academic courses, the first digit repeats, e.g., former English 101 is now 1101, History 201 is now 2201; for sub-100 level courses, 2 leading zeros have been added, e.g., English 90 is now 0090. For professional/technical courses, 1 leading zero has been added, e.g., Automotive Technology 110 is now 0110.
- Days. Note: R = Thursday
- Cap = Capacity, Act = Actual Enrollment, Rem = Remaining Seats Available
Tips for Faster Searching
- Define Your Search: Before searching, define your search as specifically as possible, or you will get more information than you want.
- Use Tabs/Start Typing: Use the tab key to go from box to box. When you get to a box with a list of information (such as Instructor name), just start typing in letters to jump to the desired entry. (Or click on the box and start typing.) Another hint: Keep typing "A" to toggle through all the A's in a list, "B" to toggle through all the B's, etc.
- Scroll Quickly: The scroll boxes for each option are small so that as many as possible can be displayed on your screen at one time. To quickly scroll through the selections in a box, grab the handle between the up and down arrows and drag it. Or use the tip above to just start typing in letters.
- Put In What You Know: If you only know part of a Course Number or Title, just type in the subject and the part of the number or title you know, and then click Class Search. All classes containing those elements will be retrieved.
- Select All Subjects Only If Really Necessary: If you ever need to select
all subjects (for instance, if you're looking for all classes on Tuesday mornings that might fulfill a goal
#1 requirement — or if you're looking for all classes taught at 8am on Monday in Idaho Falls), first
define as many options in your search as specifically as possible. Then click on the Subject box. What you
do in the subject box will depend on your browser and operating system. Here are some possibilities to try.
Select first subject, then . . .
- Press Ctrl+A
- Press Shift+End
- Scroll to end of subject list, hold down Shift key, and select last subject
- Hold mouse button down while dragging to end of list