Argos is a tool to help ISU personnel access the data they need from the Banner database. Argos produces reports based on requests for information made from end users around campus. Once a report is created, anyone with appropriate clearance can look up that report information on their own computer, any time they want. The report is updated each night, so the information a report contains is generally accurate as of the night before.
Access to information in Argos is set to match the security access you have in Banner. If you have clearance in Banner to look at certain information, Argos will allow you to access that information as well. If you do not have clearance, you won’t be able to access the information.
- What Reports are Available?
See what reports are currently available (includes a description of what each one does).
- Quick Guide for Argos Client
Works only on PC's or Mac's running Windows
- Quick Guide for Argos Web Viewer
Works on PC's, Mac's, and iPad or Android tablets
New Features Coming in Argos
A new version of Argos provides some important new capabilities.
- A new Argos Web Viewer will work on Apple computer products. This includes Mac laptops, iPads, and even iPhones. You no longer need to run Argos in a virtual PC environment. The Web Viewer also works on PC's and Android devices.
- Certain finance cube reports are not available in the Web Viewer. Most of these reports are found in the Finance Campus Wide folder. They are:
- Accounting Activity by Index Datablock v3.1
- Cash Balance by Fund (null org code)
- Cash Balance by Fund Datablock
- Cash Balance by Fund w/ AP & Encumb.s/Reserves SECURITY
- Grant View Datablock
- Open PO Report
- Accounting Activity by Index Datablock v3.2 ( in the UBO Pilot Test folder)
- There are some additional cubes in the Controllers Office Internal folder that also do not run in the Web Viewer.
- The Web Viewer will run in any modern browser, without requiring any additional add-ons such as IETabs in firefox. A new, intuitive user interface makes navigation much simpler.
- More advanced tools available in the new Web Viewer will be covered in a series of workshops this fall.
- The original Argos Client is also still available for all reports, including the finance cubes listed above.