Health Projects in conjuction with the American Falls
District Library started the computer class on May
The computer class was designed to teach basic computer
skills to the Spanish speaking members of the community
The participants in the computer
class learned to:
· Identify and use computer hardware.
· Operate basic functions on a computer.
· Create texts in Microsoft Word 2003.
· Enter and navigate the internet.
· Send pictures and documents via free email.
· Find important information available on Internet.
Some benefits of the computer
class for the Hispanic community were:
· By using email, Hispanics will be able to
maintain a more frequent,
faster and convenient communication with their loved
ones anywhere in
· With internet/computer skills parents can
track sites on the
internet that their kids visit and protect them from
as well as other dangerous sites.