Scholarly Links of Interest
This will be a list of Internet links useful to me, my colleagues, and
my students. These will be serious links, except those added on days when
I have become silly. Hey, it happens! Since many of these sites are
interlinked among themselves, you can jump around between them. This page
is prepared and maintained by J. B. Owens of Idaho
State University. If you have trouble with a link, please contact me at
OWENJACK@ISU.EDU or, if your system will support it, by selecting this
button: Mail Now. Please include
your name and e-mail address. Thank you for your help.
Links to More Links
- Search Resources
- Here you will find links to sites that allow you to search for
Internet resources using key-word searches or indexes. I have included a
number of different sites because some are better for finding certain
types of information than others. If you don't find what you want using
one, try another.
- Latin America, Portugal, and Spain
- Because my primary research interest is Iberian history, and
particularly that of the Hispanic Monarchy and the modern country of
Spain, this particular page gets longer all of the time.
- Historical Studies
- Although some links related to the discipline of History are included
on other pages in this Scholarly Links section, the majority of them will
be found here. Because it is not necessary, given my interests, to
include all history links, I start this page with links to History sites
that do try to be more comprehensive.
- My primary intention in creating this page is to provide links to
sites dealing with literature, philosophy, music, and the visual arts
which might be of use to my students.
- Social Sciences
- In addition to sites of particular use to my students, I have
included here some which attempt to provide a comprehensive introduction
to social science resources on the Internet.
- Geographic Information Systems
- Research technique employed for the visual analysis of complex,
nonlinear historical developments.
- Constituting Countries
- One of my courses, "Constituting Modern Spain, 1808-1982," is a
comparative study of attempts to create countries on the basis of written
constitutions. On this page, I maintain links to sites which may be
useful to my students for their class projects.
- This is a page of links to the catalogues of important research
libraries, to lists of library links, and to information sites on
universities and research centers.
- About the Internet and WWW
- This page provides links of use to those from novice Internet users
to those who are creating their own web sites.
- Soccer Information
- Life has left me with few vices. This is one of them.
All contents copyright © 1995-99.
J. B. Owens
All rights reserved.
Revised: 5 May 1999